February 27 2017
Phone: 1 (473) 443 7948
Carriacou Carnival encompasses wild and wonderfully expressive street dances, soca, fancy mas bands, calypso, the Jab Jab and even the authentic Shakespeare Mas.
This mas involves the recitation of Shakespeare verses, making it a unique highlight and feature of Carriacou’s Carnival that you cannot witness anywhere else in the world. Men dressed in bright colours engage in a battle of words hoping not to fumble on their lines otherwise surrendering to a stroke of his opponent’s stick.
Take a look at the complete schedule below.
Thursday 23 February 2017
- Carnival Queen Show at Hillsborough Tennis Court
Friday 24 February 2017
- Soca Monarch Finals at Hillsborough Tennis Court
Saturday 25 February 2017
- Kiddies Carnival at Hillsborough Main Street
- Black Out Fete/Jab Convention at Hillsborough Tennis Court
Sunday 26 February 2017
- Calypso and Groovy Finals at Hillsborough Tennis Court
Monday 27 February 2017
- Jouvert/Ole Mas at Hillsborough
- Parade of the Bands at Hillsborough Main Street
- Monday Night Mas at Hillsborough Main Street
Tuesday 28 February 2017
- Traditional Shakespeare Mas at Six Roads/Brunswick and Mt. Royal Villages into Hillsborough
- Parade of the Bands/Last Lap at Hillsborough Main Street
For information on ferry services to Carriacou for Carnival please click here.